The best part about it is, I used fresh basil from my own indoor garden! I just bought the cute little basil plant last week at my local grocery store. The basil comes from a local nursery that has organic plants! I was so excited when I found it and even more so when I added them as a topping for these tasty burgers.
Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers
- 5 hamburger buns
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tablespoon packing oil
- 1/4 of a red onion, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cub (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Large basil leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Tear 1 hamburger bun into pieces. In a large, mash bread and 2 tablespoons water into a paste using fork. Chop sun-dried tomatoes coarsely and add to bowl, along with the minced red onion.
- Add chicken, goat cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper to bowl. Knead mixture with your hands until ingredients are uniformly distributed. Divide mixture into 4 portions. Form each portion into a loose ball and lightly pat ball into a patty.
- Heat the packing oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil shimmers. Place patties into skillet and cook until lightly browned. Flip patty and continue cooking until second side is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a pinch of kosher salt together to make a light balsamic vinaigrette.
- Cut hamburger buns in half. Brush on the balsamic vinaigrette on one side of each bun set.
- Place chicken patty on balsamic vinaigrette side, top with fresh basil, slices of red onion, tomato, and artichoke hearts. Enjoy!